Congratulations! Now that you have successfully installed the Inspire Planner App on to your Salesforce organization, you are almost ready to start creating your project plans. Follow the remaining simple steps below to complete the application setup.
Step 1 - Configure Inspire Planner Settings and Run Post-Install Jobs
Step 2 - Update Page Layouts and Lightning Record Pages
Step 3 - Update Org-Wide Sharing for Activity
Step 4 - Assign User Permissions
Step 5 - Align Salesforce Task with Inspire Project Task Status
Step 6 - Enable API for Help Centre Access
Navigate to the Inspire Planner Settings page by clicking on the App Launcher and then clicking Inspire Planner Settings under All Items at the bottom of the page.
Navigate to the Inspire Planner Settings page by clicking on All Tabs and then clicking Inspire Planner Settings.
The Inspire Planner Settings page provide you with the option of enabling certain features that come with the Inspire Planner App.
For both Salesforce Lightning and Classic users, you are presented with the same Inspire Planner Settings page.
Please note that these settings should be enabled/disabled by a Salesforce System Administrator with an Inspire Planner License.
Please see a description of each setting below.
1. Enable sharing of projects to external contacts - This feature is only available in Production environments (not available in Sandboxes) and requires Streaming API to be enabled in Salesforce. This feature allows you to share projects externally with Contacts in your database. When enabled, Contacts assigned to a project task are sent an email with a link to the project and they are able to access the project from our external project portal (https://projects.inspireplanner.com). When enabling this feature, you will be prompted to grant access our external viewer to connect with your Salesforce org. Make sure you click on Allow.
Learn more about this feature by visiting this article - Sharing Projects
2. Enable Start Date for Salesforce tasks - Inspire Planner Project Tasks contain both a Start and a Finish Date. Salesforce Tasks, however, only have a due date. Since Inspire Planner Project Tasks map to Salesforce Tasks, this feature adds a Start Date to your Salesforce Tasks. You have the option of using the default Start Date field that is included with Inspire Planner, or map it to a different date field.
3. Enable Contact task assignment notification - Enabling this feature will automatically send an email notification to your external Contacts when they are assigned a project task. This feature works in conjunction with the Send task notification option under Settings for each project. Notification emails will only be sent if both settings are set to Enabled.
4. Enable time tracker - This will enable the time tracking functionality within Inspire Planner.
5. If Time Tracker is enabled, you also have the option of adding the Time Tracker Visualforce page to other objects in Salesforce. For example, adding objects like Account or Case will allow users to log time against these records, in addition to their Project Tasks.
Learn more about this feature by visiting these related articles - Enable Time Tracker for Other Objectsand Time Tracker
6. Update Status of All Project Tasks from Status of related Salesforce Tasks - will synchronize the status of all Project Tasks with the status of its related Salesforce Task.
7. Schedule System Jobs - will schedule and run all jobs related to Inspire Planner (Inspire Planner Beacon and Inspire Planner Nightly Jobs). Click on Start Jobs.
8. Reconcile Collaborator and Roll-Up Data - will run a system job that reconciles Salesforce Sharing records and Project Collaborators and also recalculates effort and cost data for all Projects.
9. Global Default Project Setting - allows you to select a Project Template used to define the default Project Setting for all new Projects not created from a template. See related article: Set Global Default Project Setting.
10. Apply Global Default - will apply the Global Default Project Setting to all existing Project Templates. For more information, please see How to Update Templates by Applying Settings from Global Default Project Setting.
Review the following articles to update your Task/Activity page layouts with Inspire Planner related fields and your Account page layout with the Projects related list.
Review the following article to update your org-wide sharing setting for Activity:
Review the following article to assign users the necessary permissions to use Inspire Planner:
Review the following article to enable API settings to allow users to access the Inspire Planner Help Centre from within Inspire Planner: